Saturday, October 8, 2011

Yom Kippur fast

Definatley not my first fast, just dobbins of you people are disillusioned. I fasted the entire summer, too, on only water, for 3-5 days twice a month or more. I also went vegan/ raw foods/ vegetarian for weeks at a time. I got pretty skinny. But the actual fasting really hurt so whenever I broke a fast I got really sick, and now I don't really like fasting as much. The Boy agrees, ge thinks I seem really miserable when I fast. The thing is, I'd feel miserable but I'd also feel skinny... I felt so perfect! It healed me for a long time... I had good body image for the first time in a decade, and I ate healthily/ normal amounts when I was not fasting.

But anyway, it's Yom Kippur now, and since my father's side of the family is Jewish, my dad asked me to fast with him. I was, at first, really excited to fast again. But then I got upset because I've only been eating an apple, a serving of veggies, a serving of protien, and coffee for the past week or so, and I can't drink my damn coffee when I'm fasting. (Right now, caffiene withdrawal, it is really sucking.) But I have to remind myself that it's for my religion... It's for forgiveness... And it's only until m dad's birthday party tonight at Sundown. So yeah, I can live 24 hours with food. It's really only 100 calories that I'm used to having that I cant have today, since apple=breakfast and coffee= lunch. So I shouldn't be too upset... Idk why, but I feel mad about it... Eh whatever...

Is anybody else experienced in fasting/ Jewish? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment